SUNDAY MORNING COMMITMENT VISION
GOAL: People committing to attend ONE SERVICE and serve at ONE SERVICE. We call this “serve one/
attend one” and commitments will look different depending on which ministry one serves with.
WHY DOES THIS MATTER?:
- Consistency in worship and ministry.
- New guests have similar opportunities to connect with.
- Achieves critical mass so both services feel “full.”
- Valley Kids will have engagement for the kids with consistent leaders.
- Creates a system with more opportunities to serve (ex: if we leaders are needed for Valley Kids
during the first service we can ask those who attend the second service). - Creates new volunteer opportunities for new families and leaders.
- Gives our ministries solid and consistent teams at each service.
EACH TEAM WILL HAVE SPECIFIC AND SHARED EXPECTATIONS: MINISTRY SPECIFIC (To Sign Up, see email addresses below)
Valley Kids: Serve one, attend one (opposite services) Worship Team (Band and Tech): Serve both services Parking Team: Serve and attend the same service Hospitality Team: Serve and attend the same service
- Each ministry will communicate and organize/ask their volunteers to commit no later than six weeks before the two services start on October 14.
- Each ministry will communicate this “why” behind the vision.
- We will take this strategy and commitment seriously, without exception, for the sake of
Jesus Christ and building His kingdom.
POSSIBLE QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
1) Why do we need two services? Simply put, so that more people discover the love of Jesus! We are also quickly running out of seats and need more elbow room, especially for our growing Valley Kids ministry and parking spaces.
2) Why do I need to pick one service? This will better help the staff and team leaders to prepare, lead, and serve the mission of Valley Church. It also gives you a chance to engage and be part of the mission as we reach more people for Jesus.
To get involved, sign up to help, or learn more email:
Sharayah Clevenger (Valley Kids): firstname.lastname@example.org