About Us: Valley is a growing church in the Allendale area. Our mission and passion is: “Helping others live for God, for People, for a Change”. This is the heartbeat of our community. If you love kids and want to help them discover Jesus’ love, then we’d love to talk with you! Learn more about us at: valleychurchallendale.org. Please email resume and cover letter to Pastor Matt Bistayi at email@example.com.
Purpose: To carry out the vision of Valley Church by building and implementing a growing, dynamic, and vital Children’s Ministry.
- Vision driven leadership skills and passion for growth.
- Good organizational, communication, and delegation skills.
- Self-motivated and initiator.
- High ability and drive to recruit, lead, and manage a large team of diverse volunteers.
- Commitment to varied Christian expressions and outreach.
- Understanding of curriculum and its selection, creation, development, and implementation.
- Create, oversee, and lead a small team of “key leader” volunteers who meet regularly to dream about Valley Kids, think outside the box and carry out curriculum and ministry.
- Be the staff “champion” promoting the needs of children/families within the life of the church.
- Provide leadership and training for volunteers and organize quarterly leadership/training events for your volunteer staff.
- Oversee the weekly administration and resources for the “Valley Kids” Sunday morning large group/small group experience so that all leaders are prepped and ready prior to Sunday morning.
- Oversee the nursery ministry and paid staff.
- Provide coordination and leadership for the yearly Vacation Bible School experience.
- Create and develop communication between parents, leaders, children and the congregation.
- Meet and form relationships with parents and their children
- Organize, plan, and implement the Club 456 ministry
- Create a consistent follow up system with children and families for nurturing and encouragement.
- Create and implement weekly resources and communications to help children and their families grow in their faith at home.
- Create and implement special children’s ministry events throughout the year.
- Communicate with administrative assistant weekly with any new “guest data” VK details.
- Be intentional about networking in the community, and surrounding areas, and inviting
- Build leaders so you can schedule yourself to be in worship consistently. You are the “director” not the “doer”.
- Meet monthly with Pastor, Lead Team, and Staff
- Other duties as assigned
Specifics and Details:
20 hrs/wk. Compensation is above and beyond for a church staff position. 3 wks paid time off. Continuing education opportunities will be available and encouraged.
Please email resume and cover letter to Pastor Matt Bistayi at firstname.lastname@example.org.